Saksham Scholarship by AICTE for Differently Abled Students pursuing Technical Education
The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) is the first and foremost government funded board for technical education in India. It has countless institutions all over the world which provide competent technical education to students and enable them to seek gainful employment in the many workforce dominant industries in the country中国体彩发布的官方app. A recent initiative has been taken by the government to extend the reach of the AICTE's educational outreach to marginalized groups including girls and specially-abled i.e. differently abled students.
The Saksham Scholarship by AICTE for Special-Abled pursuing Technical Education is part of this initiative and seeks to increase the number of differently-abled students (i.e. students with disabilities) receiving technical education at the many institutions approved by AICTE by providing for their education and also giving them other monetary remunerations. This move is expected to help many students who face difficulties in completing their education because of financial constraints as well as their physical handicap. Through this scholarship they will be able to complete their education free of cost and also be in a position to be employed by the industries corresponding with their respective skill set.
- AICTE will award scholarships to 1000 differently - abled students on a merit basis.
- The amount of the scholarship is tuition fee of Rs. 30,000 or the tuition fee (whichever is lesser) and Rs. 2000 per month for 10 months (for minor expenses) each year.
The following are the eligibility criteria for selection to the Saksham scholarship.
- For specially-abled students whose family income is less than Rs. 6 lakh per annum
- The candidates should have been admitted to 1st year of the Degree or Diploma program in any of the AICTE approved institute during the academic year 2014-2015 through centralized admission process of the State /Central Government.
Required Documents for Application
Applicants for the scholarship will need to fill up the requisite forms which can be found and furnish the authorities with the following forms as well:
- Copies of Marksheet of standard Xth / XIIth / others as applicable.
- Copy of Annual Family Income certificate for the financial year 2013-14 in the prescribed format issued by Tahasidar or Higher officer
- Copy of Admission letter to Diploma/Degree Course
- Copy of Tuition Fee Receipt
- Copy of Bank Pass Book showing name of the student, account number, IFSC code and photograph.
- Copy of student PAN card (if available)
- Copy of AADHAAR card (if available)
- Certificate issued by the Director/Principal/ Head of Institute
- · Declaration by Parents
The filled in application form along with scanned and attested copies of the mentioned certificates must be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30th October, 2014.